The Midwifery Model of Care is based on a woman-centered ideal emphasizing informed consent, education, and culturally-sensitive, evidenced-based care. As such, appointments with the midwife generally last anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour. The schedule of visits is as follows:
- Monthly appointments through 28 weeks
- Bi-weekly appointments through 36 weeks
- Weekly appointments through birth
- Supportive presence through labor, birth, and immediate postpartum period
- Newborn exam
- Postpartum visits in home at 24-48 hours
- Postpartum visits in the office at one, three, and six weeks
Annual well-woman visits including paps, breast exams, and STD testing. Pre-conception counseling including nutritional analysis and any necessary labwork.
Labor and birth support and care in an out-of-hospital setting. Comprehensive postpartum and newborn care at home and in the office.
Regular prenatal checks, counseling regarding nutrition, supplementation and exercise.
Professional Breastfeeding Support
Appointments available with a board certified lactation consultant. Home visits possible in the immediate postpartum period.